Further Adventures of a Leeds Festival Wristband

Well it's not all sex and drugs and rock'n'roll y'know...what happens to a Leeds Festival wristband - after the music has gone ?? Read on ...

Monday, November 06, 2006

AT LAST ! AT LAST ! AT LAST !

The moment we've been waiting for - since August Bank Holiday Monday - since daughter took her "wristy" off in fact - happened tonight. As part of the "ju-jitsu taxi service" for young boy, I have to nip to the Off-Licence in Greenfield to pick up a Lucozade Orange. As I parked up outside, there was a chap stood outside wearing a Leeds Festival 06 hoodie - I acknowledged this fact on my way in to the shop and as an aside said, "Still got your wristband on ?"

He said "Yes".

...... pause...... Whooooaaaaaa !!

I whipped it out (yes the camera goes everywhere - well you never know) - and asked for a pose - and here it is - and I'm going for large tonight - because it's worth it !



Here we are then - me at the front and Graham from Greenfield at the back - what made it even more freaky was when he said he knew of others as well ! My mate Andy from Stalybridge Buffet Bar has mentioned a guy who works in a paper shop in Ancoats - but when there's peeps on your doorstep, a trip to Every Street, Ancoats becomes less than necessary.

I gabbled this web site address to Graham - hope he took it in - if not, if anyone knows a Graham in Greenfield with a Leeds wristband on - tell him about it - and if anyone else in the Greenfield area wishes to have their photo taken - I'm usually in the offy every Monday and Wednesday about 1930.

To get two on one pic is a start - a "full on wristy orgy" involving several would be wonderful !!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi! Its Graham, good to see the pic! hope you had a good time at leeds!

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Mike Smith said…

    Glad you made it ! My "Leeds Review" is on the sixtamesides blog in the Aug 2006 archive.

    You're never too old !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home